Credit Unions are not-for-profit organizations that exist to serve their members rather than to maximize profits. As a member-owned institution, our focus is on providing a safe place to save and borrow at reasonable rates! That is why our mission at Mid American Credit Union is to be the best choice for quality financial services, above and beyond all other alternatives.
Who Should Apply
Mid American Credit Union is looking for individuals that like to be challenged, rewarded and inspired! This job is perfect for self-motivated, quick thinkers with unmatched problem solving skills. Are you ready to be a part of a team that provides world class service each and every day?
What You'll Do
At Mid American Credit Union a Member Service Representative, serves as an ambassador for the credit union with the overall purpose of providing friendly and efficient customer service to members. The primary responsibility of this position will be to ensure our member's needs are met by developing ongoing relationships with them to make their visits a memorable experience.
Do you enjoy learning new things? As a Member Service Representative you will have the opportunity for continued learning as you complete a 5-tiered training program with increased responsibilities. In addition to hourly rate, there will be an opportunity for incentive pay at conclusion of training!
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills while interacting with members and all co-workers to exhibit a commitment to providing above and beyond customer service.
- Individual will possess good verbal and nonverbal communication skills while assisting members.
- Demonstrate the ability to demonstrate critical thinking while handling complex transactions.
- Focus on deepening the relationship between the credit union and the member.
- Demonstrate an understanding of products and willingness to educate our member about them.
- Meet the members needs and make them a priority.
- Maintain a positive attitude and engages members when they interact with them.
- Individual will excel in listening to the members needs while finding solutions that best help meet the member’s needs.
- Demonstrates the ability to problem solve in a timely manner while following guidelines set by the credit union.
- Individual will use all training provided to ensure member‘s needs are fully met while being committed to first contact resolution.
- Follow all policies and procedures set by the credit union when assisting members.
- Understand cash and check handling responsibilities and procedures. Upon completion of training, individual will be able to explain all documentation in relation to account ownership to include trust and business accounts to members.
- Upon completion of training, this individual will be responsible for loans from the initial application, to processing and funding the loan.
- Ability to multi task while maintaining a high level of efficiency.
Be committed to being part of the Mid American team! Show commitment to learning and growth. Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude and strong people skills during interactions with co-workers and members. Be able to work individually as well as with a team. Embrace change and be able to think of new ideas to assist out members. Demonstrate financial responsibility and professionalism.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- Education - High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience - Six months to two years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions. Need to have proficient knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Outlook software (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Customer service experience including the ability to effectively perform the skills necessary to deliver exceptional service, such as communication, empathy, patience and organization.
What You'll Love About Us
- A Company that Cares. We are more than a financial institution; we give back to our community. We teach financial literacy and donate and support local organizations.
- Work that Stays at Work. Genuine work/life balance served here!
- Rest and Relaxation. Paid vacation time, personal leave and paid holidays!
- Health Benefits. Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision.
- Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with a generous company match.
- Invest in YOU. Tuition Reimbursement Program.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.
To be eligible for employment at Mid American Credit Union applicants must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.